Event Cancellation Notice
As part of our on-going research it has become apparent that due to current EV market conditions the majority of the industry is currently focusing on B2C rather than B2B events, and travel budgets have been reduced across all industry segments.
At EV Update we aim to ensure that all participants financial and time investments in our events will deliver a strong return on investment and unfortunately it has become clear that this event will not meet the high quality level that we demand from all our products.
EV Update will continue to provide free industry intelligence and analysis – you can stay up to date here: http://analysis.evupdate.com/
Deliver Innovation and Boost Consumer Uptake by Creating an EV Ecosystem that Achieves the Same Ease-of-Use as Standard Vehicles
So far in 2012, the EV industry has captured 3.22% of the market. The highest figure of the past 6 years. The price of a battery is to reduce from
today's price of $500 to $600 per kilowatt hour (kWh) to about $200 per kWh by 2020. Now is the time to manage the grid, build rate structures and improve the vehicles to align with these forcasts.
Key discussions at EV Business Models & Planning USA 2012:
- DETERMINE GOVERNMENT’S ROLE FOR EV SUCCESS: Discuss whether Govt. funding is best placed for purchase subsidies or R&D and how state and city administrations are aligning building codes and permitting processes to get ‘EV ready’ to improve uptake
- INCREASE EV RANGE THROUGH TECNOLOGY CONSOLIDATION AND INNOVATION: Discern fast charging technology and the future of battery innovation such as competitive supply chains and new generation cells & battery initiatives to improve range confidence
- SUCCESSFULLY INTEGRATE EVs INTO FLEETS: Integrate location and charging intelligence into fleet management solutions to manage battery and charging patterns in-line with duty cycles and off-peak charging whilst understanding pricing models to implement charging at depots
- HARNESS CONNECTIVITY FOR AN ENHANCED EV DRIVING EXPERIENCE: Discuss the suite of services such as eco-mapping, charging reservation, roadside assistance, battery maintenance and charging alerts that will encourage the driver to find value in the on-board telematics system
- STABILIZE THE GRID: Take a look at energy storage options, energy management services, vehicle-to-grid (V2G) technologies and the integration of renewable energy sources such as solar power and wind energy to manage the grid and reduce demand during peak time
And many more sessions on topics such as the utilities role in educating consumers, marketing strategies to capture a wider consumer base, monetizing infrastructure, multi-unit charging and many more…
Meet the World-Class Speaker Line-up:
- Mark Smith, Manager - Vehicle Technologies Deployment US DOE National Clean Cities
- David Patterson, Chief Engineer - Mobile Emissions Regulatory Affairs & Certification,Mitsubishi
- Mike Tinskey, Associate Global Director - Electric Vehicle Infrastructure,Ford Motor Company
- Mark Perry, Director - Advanced Technology,Nissan
- Robert Langford, Manager - BEV Sales & Marketing,Honda
- Hawk Asgeirsson, Manager - Power Systems Technologies,DTE Energy
- Michael Farkas, Co-Founder & CEO CarCharging
- Mark Rabinsky, Project Manager,Clean Energy Coalition, Michigan
- Jacques Chirazi, Program Manager,City of San Diego
- Tim Menke, Manager Electric Transportation Infrastructure, DTE Energy
- Cynthia Maves, Director of Grant Administration ,Clean Fuels Ohio
- Aaron Cohen, Senior Director of Marketing,CODA Automotive
- Earl Bloom, Global Sales Director,Dow Kokam
- Joel Pointon, Manager - Electric Transportation Program, Manager - Electric Transportation Program,San Diego Gas & Electric
- Richard Lowenthal, CTO, Coulomb Technologies
Meet Industry Decision Makers
The focused networking sessions will give you access to otherwise unreachable decision makers in the EV industry so you can build key partnerships.
- 20+ hours of structured networking with top level executives from across the entire EV value chain
- Advance access to the online networking center so you can reach those 'must-talk-to' executives and fill your conference diary before you set foot in Chicago.
- Two time and cost-effective days dedicated to learning and building crucial partnerships to take EVs to the next stage.
Hear directly from the most influential though leaders:
- 200+ top level attendees. Innovative and forward thinking leaders from automotive manufacturers, utility and energy suppliers, electric vehicle charging station manufacturers, etc.
- 25+ world class industry speakers: The pioneers and thought-leaders from the EV Iindustry will share their future vision and experiences with you.
- 20+ hours of networking: Multiple networking opportunities to help maximise your time away from the office
- 18+ focused sessions: Carefully designed program to give you the answers to the challenges you face in this space
The most productive 2-days you can spend in 2012:
I was impressed with the conference. There was great representation from all players in the industry. Companies at the show are joining together in partnerships to make it a success.
Volkswagen Group of America
The conference provided good insight on utility's plans for installing infrastructure to support PHEV's. Also, the Vehicle manufacturer's partnerships with utilities to accelerate adoption of PHEV's.
Thanks for an excellent conference. I enjoyed the presentations and expert panels. The presentation content was relevant to the work I am doing within my company on a daily basis.
Please contact me if you have any questions.
Electric Vehicle Update
1 800 814 3459 x 7151 (UStf)
+44 (0) 207 375 7151 (Global)